I am very short on time but want to be sure I get this up. It will stay at the top of the feed until 7/12/2012, the day of Troopathon V. There several new job openings that I am applying for and these are very long applications with tons of information that I must upload to each one.
Future posts may be scare for a a couple of weeks, just have to see.
I am 'stealing' this from Creeping Sharia as it has some great information about Troopathon!
Yes, I am that crunched for time.
Troopathon V “Never Forget About Our Troops”
Some helpful facts to know about this star studded fundraiser
Troopathon is a once-a-year event held by Move America Forward (MAF) which is a non-profit charity dedicated to serving those who protect us: our brave troops.
Troopathon V is a month-long care package drive that culminates in a star-studded
8-hour web-a-thon broadcast on July 12th from the Army Depot in Sacramento, CA.
Some Useful Facts About Troopathon:
• Troopathon is a non-partisan non-political effort. We work with celebrities from Hollywood, television, the music industry, sports heroes and athletes, bloggers, journalists, radio personalities, academics, experts in the field, and elected officials to bring together a wide variety of guests to support our troops.
• This year Troopathon is hosted by Melanie Morgan who continues to be a voice for our troops through her career behind the microphone at KSFO radio in San Francisco.
• This year’s program is dedicated to the memory of Andrew Breitbart, who was a guest host for the past 3 Troopathon broadcasts and a dedicated supporter of the troops. We will celebrate his life and honor the troops he gave so much of his time for.
• Past Troopathons have included an amazing array of guests from every type of industry.
Some of our notable past guests have included:
|Gold Star Mom Debbie Lee|
Current Navy SEALs
Andrea Shea King
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
|Mike “Coach K” Krzyzewski|
Ambassador John Bolton
- Past Troopathon events have raised over $3.6 million for our troops. Last year, Troopathon raised over $500,000 but we’d like to break that total this year!
- Care Packages sponsored through Troopathon are the easiest way to donate to the troops. No running to the store, no confusing customs forms and postal regulations. Simply donate with your credit card and MAF’s team of dedicated volunteers will send the care packages on your behalf. It’s also tax-deductible!
- Each care package includes a special note written by the donor expressing their appreciation for the sacrifice our troops make. Packages can be sponsored for as low as $25 for a single serviceman, up to $1,000 for a Battalion Pack which will serve up to 60 soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen.
- Troopathon happens on July 12, 2012 at 1PM Pacific time, 4PM Eastern live from the Army Depot in Sacramento, CA. You can view on www.troopathon.org. If you miss the 8 hour broadcast you can still find videos and information on the website right now, leading up to, and after the show.
Please help out if you can. Every care package makes a difference to our troops.
Tags: ENTER TAGS HERE To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the Patriot's Corner. Thanks!