headerphoto


Because I can-A Simple Man, is who I am

"Troubles will come and they will pass, you'll find a woman and you'll find love All that you need is in in your your soul, Follow your heart and nothing else......

Except JESUS!

This past Wednesday, I stopped in at the local Club Mac for a morning treat, which I seldom do. Just do not have the funds and this was a raid of my change jar, or bowl. This was on the way to work. I sort of set my own hours so I had the time. As I pulled up and parked, I noticed a scruffy guy sitting by the railroad tracks which run right behind Club Mac, just sitting there. Part of my MO is to just go up to folks who look like they might need a hand up, a small favor, WTF do I know? WWJD is what I ask you, each and everyone of you? That is what I try to do.

I walked up to him and asked if he was OK, which he was obviously not. He refused eye contact at first. I sat down on the rails and asked him again. Walter was his name and he said NO! He almost yelled why the hell do you care? I could only answer him that I would hope someone would stop and ask me if the situation was reversed, and he started crying. Walter is a Vietnam Veteran, four tours in 'Nam as it turned out and had gotten stuck in Central Oregon. I asked him when the last time he ate was and it had been almost 24 hours past, so I invited him into Club Mac and bought him breakfast, skipped my own. Just how it goes, you know. For me, this is what I have been born to do and I do it as just a simple man who tries to make a difference however he can.

End of story is I gave Walter a ride to the bus connection for Bend and told him to stop in and see a another veteran who could help him out. I do not know the rest of this story except for this, Jesus set the example and it is for me to do the best I can, imperfect as I am, just a simple man. PatriotUSA



Mama told me when I was young Come sit beside me, my only son And listen closely to what I say And if you do this it will help you some sunny day

Oh, take your time, don't live too fast Troubles will come and they will pass You'll find a woman and you'll find love And don't forget, son, there is someone up above

And be a simple kind of man Oh, be something you love and understand Baby be a simple kind of man Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold All that you need is in your soul And you can do this, oh baby, if you try All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied

And be a simple kind of man Oh, be something you love and understand Baby be a simple kind of man Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can

Oh yes, I will

Boy, don't you worry, you'll find yourself Follow your heart and nothing else And you can do this, oh baby, if you try All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied

And be a simple kind of man Oh, be something you love and understand Baby be a simple kind of man Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can

Baby, be a simple, really simple man Oh, be something you love and understand.


Tags: ENTER TAGS HERE To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the Patriot's Corner. Thanks!

4 Comments - Share Yours!:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, heartfelt, really touched my heart~ Thank you!
Michel Chiasson

PatriotUSA said...

Thank you and just touched by the simple things in life. Paying so much kindness expressed to me by others over my life forward. This will part of me legacy.....

Thank you Michael, your words have touched me more than you know!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a clear idea of what my ministry was supposed to be. I raised 4 kids in the ways of the Lord. Maybe that was supposed to be it. I have had plenty of help throughout this life and helped many others. Inspiring blog. Thanks for posting.
Doug

PatriotUSA said...

Doug,

My apologizes for not answering sooner. I never really 'knew' what my 'ministry' was supposed to be and it is what evolved over my life. Whenever I tried to force the issue or do 'big things', it never worked out or it was an epic failure. What I share about here is just what I do as I think if i was looking through the eyes of Jesus and feeling with His heart.

I quit going to any church about five years ago and while I miss some of the friends we had made, that decision just made things like this post happen. Out of the box I became really free to hear, see and meet Jesus. Yes, I am a Christian but I hold to no specific church. I prefer to work out of the shadows and there is a group of us who come together when a need is made known to us. Church works for many people and I am one who it did not work for.

When mankind corrupts the teachings of Jesus, then this becomes corrupted, because of man. Does that makes sense?
Thanks for your kind words and "seek and ye shall find."