headerphoto


Will Santorum Be the New Flavor of the Day?


Tags: ENTER TAGS HERE To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the Patriot's Corner. Thanks

Gary Fouse
fousesquawk


All of a sudden, Rick Santorum, former senator from Pennsylvania, is surging in the Iowa polls. In fact, he may even win the Iowa caucus. I suppose that would mean that the mad-hatters at MSNBC will be looking for dirt on him as they did with previous front-runners. Unfortunately for them, Santorum has no obvious skeletons in his closet. My question is whether Santorum can take a strong showing in Iowa and become a serious candidate as a real conservative.


This morning, Santorum was interviewed by Fox's Shepherd Smith, who grilled him on his opposition to gay marriage. Santorum's answer was based on his religious opposition. That would not have been my answer, but I am not Santorum. Could that hurt him with independent voters in a general election? I don't have the answer for that, but, on the other hand, I don't view it as one of the major issues.

As a conservative, I think Santorum is in many ways, the most attractive candidate. Come the California primary, I won't be able to vote for anyone since I am not a registered Republican. I guess at this stage, I would have to weigh my preference on the one I like the most and who can beat Obama. I guess that means I am leaning toward Romney and Santorum. Whoever it is, I hope the VP pick will be Marco Rubio.

At any rate, I expect the little rascals at MSNBC will be talking a lot about Rick Santorum and what a bad guy he is by the end of the week.





















0 Comments - Share Yours!: