headerphoto


Day One of UC-Irvine Anti-Israel Hate Fest

Gary Fouse
fousesquawk


UC Irvine's anti-Israel hate fest kicked off today with a talk by Neturei Karta rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss, a crackpot who believes that under the Jewish religion, there should be no Jewish state called Israel. This guy is a real piece of work. To make matters worse, he is a friend of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Islamic regime in Iran, which he claims is not anti-Semitic and protects its Jewish population.


First of all, this clown arrived 30 minutes late. That posed a problem since the Muslim Student Union only had the speaking area and microphone reserved for one hour. Then the guy coudn't stop talking about whatever he was talking about. He talked about how the Muslim friends and protectors of the Jews had showed them such great hospitality all those past centuries. He blasted the Zionists. He said something about Zionism causing Hitler to launch the Holocaust. He talked and talked until they practically dragged him away from the podium.

The guy is a flake.

As usual, I got the first question. In fact, his answers are so long that only I and a young Jewish lad were able to ask our questions. I want to mention that the Jewish student asked him why he (the questioner) would not be able to go to Heaven because he didn't follow the rabbi's vision of Judaism. What he got was a long diatribe.

To be honest, my question was not really a question. (I hope to get the video to post later.) I reminded him that he had attended the 2001 Durban conference on racism, which, in reality,. was a one-sided lynching of Israel. I reminded him that he had attended the so-called Holocaust Inquiry in Iran in 2006-adding that I was fully aware he had insisted the Holocaust had actually happened. I also reminded him that he had spoken in defrense of Iran and the regime on May 1st in New York, and that he had claimed Ahmadinejad was a nice guy, a liberal reformer, not anti-Semitic and was protecting Jews in Iran. I Added that Baha'i and gays were not receiving such protection-that gays were being hanged and Baha'i were subjkect to persecution, specifically, arrests, rape, murder and hanging. I told him that he sounded like a modern-day Kapo* and that at least the Kapos were trying to save their own lives. I also told him that in siding with the Iranian regime, he was, in my mind, a traitor to his own country (the USA).

So Weiss went off on another long speech about how everyone who came to South Africa in 2001 had the chance to lodge their complaints about racism, that I wasn't there, and was wrong to call it a "farce". As for Iran, he defended the regime because they stood up to condemn Israel and that the statements of Ahmadinejad promising to wipe Israel off the face of the map were "misinterpreted." He talked about how the Zionists were vilifying Iran, at which point I said "forget about the Zionists, I was vilifying Iran". He droned on about Israel and Zionism until the MSU student moderator mercifully called for the next question. In closing I noted that Weiss had not responded to my comments about the Baha'i and homosexuals in Iran

How could he?

As I write, this quack is speaking again at UCI in the evening. I am taking a pass. Who can listen to this yahoo speak twice in one day? I doubt if even the MSU kids can take another round with Rabbi Weiss.

By the way; after Weiss, a local orthodox rabbi by the name of Lee Weissman was supposed to speak in response to Weiss. He couldn't even get anybody to come and listen to him. This guy is another flake who is palsy-walsy with the MSU.

Day One in the books.

* Kapo- At Auschwitz and other death camps, Germans used Jewish prisoners to do the dirty work of helping lead Jews into the gas chambers and dispose of their bodies. Usually, after a month of this labor, they themselves were gassed.

0 Comments - Share Yours!: