headerphoto


Another Old Firm player is seriously ill

Fernando Ricksen, the Dutch footballer who used to play for Rangers FC, is suffering from Motor Neurone Disease, he announced this week. (See link.) One of the guys he used to play against, "Stan" Petrov, the Celtic FC defender, has been fighting leukaemia recently. (See link.) He has been supported by everyone in Birmingham and Glasgow, and one can only hope that Ricksen will get the same encouragement and strength from the city where he played for one of the big two teams. Maybe this unfortunate turn of events will bring the disease into the public eye as well, so that more people realise what people with this disease have to go through.




Tags: Ricksen, Petrov, Celtic, Rangers To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the Patriot's Corner. Thanks!

4 Comments - Share Yours!:

Andrea said...

A beautiful tribute.

A Petree said...

Hey Rick, I was telling Neil and I think you would be great too. Check out blog talk radio. You can host your own radio show. It would be great and I would certainly listen.

Nick said...

Thanks, I do listen to a few shows on blog talk radio sometimes - I tend to download the audio files then burn them on to a CD to listen to in the car.

PatriotUSA said...

Thanks for the suggestion about blog radio. Ummm, I think me has too short a temper???

I have thought about, seriously thought about it.