Vince Flynn

The American writer Vince Flynn has sadly passed away at the age of 47. Flynn was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2010. Everyone I know has been affected by cancer in one way or another. My dad's best friend passed away as a young man after being diagnosed with leukemia. I knew that affected my dad, but I never really understood what it was like to lose someone to cancer, until one of my greatest friends died, on June 16th 2009, four years ago this week, after being diagnosed with esophageal cancer. The first time I visited him in ARI, I understood that he was not going to win. He understood it too, but told me that there had been a ten year old child receiving treatment at the same time as him, and he didn't feel sad or sorry for himself, because he'd had a life and had seen his children grow up. A terrific guy, very tough, who's sadly missed.

Now Vince Flynn has passed away. We've lost another of the good guys.

Sources: USA Today, FOX News.

Tags: Vince Flynn, Mitch Rapp To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the Patriot's Corner. Thanks!

0 Comments - Share Yours!: